Music & worship
1) Sum up what kind of person you are in 5 words.
Active, musical, food-lover, Dad, Marvel-enthusiast
2) Which aspect of the church are you responsible to steer?
Music and worship – which basically means the musical stuff on a Sunday evening, but also more importantly how we as a church connect to God. Mainly through singing, but can involve other ways too. I’m also keen to work on making our church as reflective of the many different cultures in our community as possible.
3) What are you passionate to see happen in this part of our church life?
Seeing a group of passionate yet authentic worshippers, expressing our heart to God and seeking Him. Seeing us explore what that worship means in our lives beyond a Sunday meeting. Getting new people involved in the musical side of things and encouraging people’s gifts.
4) Which 5 words sum up the kind of church you want to see here in the Royal Docks?
Loving, God-seeking, Kingdom-building, multicultural, honest
5) What’s your ‘real job’? What do you do in the working week?
I’m a physiotherapist at Newham University Hospital, overseeing the outpatient department.
6) What’s the best thing about life in the Royal Docks?
The diversity – you can never guess what accent is about to come out of somebody’s mouth! I grew up locally and it’s a vibrant, fun place to raise a family.